My sponsor says that times like this I need to run through my gratitude list.
- I’m sober, which is ironic considering how many drunken spills I’ve taken and never hurt myself
- I’m wearing my winter coat and snowpants.
- Though they hurt like hell, I can’t actually see any bones sticking out of my leg or arm.
- It’s Sunday, so the mailman won’t come, but it’s not a holiday weekend
- The ice storm stopped before I fell so I at least I’m dry
- They say dying of cold is the most painless
- I don’t have any kids
- Probably nobody’ll miss me